The Faculty of Education was created in 1982 with the Preschool Education Program, and later it incorporated other fields of education, reaching up to 7 different programs today.
The curriculum of the Faculty of Educational Sciences is structured according to the needs of the educational system and the academic interests of the students. This curriculum has involved early internships, bringing the students closer to the professional scenery from the early years, and to understand a wide range of educational institutions.
The programs in the Faculty of Educational Sciences are:
- Preschool Education: program with solid value training and a high social commitment. Students acquire management skills for teaching and promoting learning areas such as social and natural sciences, artistic skills, languages, among others. This program also provides tools to design and implement teaching strategies for cognitive and socio affective mediation needed to promote learning in verbal language, Information Technology and Mathematics.
- Primary Education Pedagogy: it is a humanistic educational project, with a focus on the development of skills. It incorporates systematic and guided internships from the first year and it offers specialization in Mathematics Education, Language and Communication.
- Special Education Pedagogy: has an interdisciplinary curriculum based on the development of skills as worldwide current trends in special education. At the end of the training course several specialization areas are offered.
- English language and culture Pedagogy: the graduates are trained to change and enhance learning environments that are conducive to diversity, inclusion and respect for others. In order to respond to the needs and vocation of students across the country, the classes are offered both daytime and evening-scheduled.
- Physical Education Pedagogy: the School offers a program focused on human skills, with a clear intention to thrive, from early childhood to elderly, with knowledge up to international requirements. The school has a complete sports infrastructure available to its students and the university community.
- Mathematics and Statistics Pedagogy: program with strong knowledge of pedagogical practice and a comprehensive background in Mathematics and Statistics. The discipline offers five lines of training: Mathematics, Statistics, Teaching practices, Workshops and Information Technology.
To support the activities of undergraduate and graduate students, the faculty has:
- International Institute for Cognitive Development (INDESCO)
- International Institute for Childhood Education (IIDEI)
- Center for Innovation and Technology (CIT)
- Center School Management and Educational Leadership
- Development and Innovation Center in Inclusive Education
Location and contact
Campus Vicente Kovacevic II
Av.Santa Isabel 1278, second floor, Santiago.